Saturday, December 29, 2007

IVF Procedure Starts...



Making #2 thru In-Vitro-Fertilisation(IVF) after a failed FET starts today. I am given Synarel Nasal Spray for the *Suppression stage.

*During the suppression stage, medication is given to shut down or "quiet" the ovarian function. This induced rest period allows the ovaries to respond better to hormonal stimulation. Also, suppressing the natural ovulatory cycle keeps the body from recruiting a single dominant follicle during the induced cycle, allowing for the maturation of multiple eggs.

Well, I am considered lucky that I do not need to do the lupron injection which will be given instead of Nasal Spray in some other countries. ;P However. the side effects of all suppression medications are all the same. Their symptoms are similar to women who are going into menopause like mood swings/breast tenderness/hot flashes/headaches/changes in sex drive etc.


I will continue the medication till 3rd day of my next menses which will be probably take another 10-12 days. Then I will do a blood test to confirm that my Estrogen level is suppressed and soon after, I will be starting the stimulation stage. :)




8 friends commented ^_^:

Anonymous said...

Hope you wouldn't have too much problems with all the side effects symptoms. All the best!
And by the way, I have also done your 2007 memories tag. It's on my tags page.

KopiSoh said...

Good luck to you, may this New Year bring you lotsa good health and happiness, my sister went thru the same procedure and now we have triplets in our family whoo hoo!! Good luck!!

Mommy Lose Weight said...

Good luck Jasmine !

Megan and Ryan said...

Good luck!

Lily Ann said...

Good luck Jasmine!

Shannon's Mummy said...

@tot's mom, firehorse, ling,missy m & lilyann ---->

Thanks for all the lucks!!! :P

JK said...

All the best, Jas and Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!!! ;)