Friday, February 22, 2008

元宵节

元宵节 is the last day of Chinese New Year and we celebrated with some friends at our house. J bought the a set of 鱼生配料 for 捞鱼生 and it was not cheap! It cost us 15Euros. We bought it from a collegues who shipped over from France to Singapore and of cos I believed he earned quite a bit from here. Anyway, I don't mind since it was once a year kind of thing.



This was the 鱼生 we had last night. We don't have green raddish here, thus I took some of the white raddish to mixed with some green coloring to make it nicer.



At the same time, I cooked some mixed veg with 发菜 and hopefully everyone can 发发发 this year... hahaha




After finishing our 鱼生,we had steamboat for dinner and that's not the end of the dinner...



Mai prepared 汤圆 for us and Meizhen prepared Ice Jelly desert to bring down the heatiness after eating tom yum steamboat. No.. the gathering was not ended till we celebrated Chew's Birthday.




Although Chew's birthday was on next monday but we decided to celebrate since we had a gathering last night.

Initially, we thought we could have a round of mahjong session but it was really too late for it. Anyway, it was a great night and I wish everyone have a great year ahead!

3 friends commented ^_^:

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I can't read mandarin but I gather you paid 15euros for the yee sang! That is very cheap.

Think of all the work involved. The vegies are not cheap either, neither is the sauce. I don't think the guy made a lot of profit for 15 euros.

To get a piece of salmon is already £3 at least.

I make my own yee sang so I can truly say that 15 euros is very cheap considering everything was done for you. :)

Chinneeq said...

that seems like a fun feast!!

must be good to gather together in a foreign country to celebrate the CNY.

I love the cold dessert!!!!!!! dono why, just love the ice now!!!

Shannon's Mummy said...

@ Judy - The yee sang was imported from Singapore by a collegue and the shipment fees were paid by the company as he was the one who prepared the yee sang for the whole company function. As for the yee sang we had that day, we paid separately and prepared the salmon and vegg ourselves. However, I think it should be still cheaper then getting from UK. ;p

@chinneeq - Yup.. It was considered a fun one in foreign country. ^_^