Friday, June 13, 2008

Mahjong & O-Ni




Shannon stayed in school from 830am - 1730am with Zavier, Avril & Damien today. Thus, we, mothers had a great day, gathering at Stephanie's House. First, we had deep fried carrot cake for breakfast. Then, I started to teach them how to make O-Ni (Yam Paste).



The O-Ni was quite successful except that it could be smoother. And they finally agreed that it was EASY...LOL



After the O-Ni, we started our Mahjong Session. It has been 2 years since I last played Mahjong. Actually I love playing Mahjong but most of my friends doesn't play. Moreover, I don't really have the time to play Mahjong after Shannon was born. Well, it was a nice gathering and I am looking forward to another one...LOL...

8 friends commented ^_^:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

oh...my fingers are getting itchy. it's been a long time since I last played mahjong!

it's so nice that u still get to play mahjong while overseas you know. any winnings? :P

Lilian said...

ooooh, I love BOTH or-ni and mahjong! Do you have the recipe for or-ni :)

Chinneeq said...

can't even find o-ni in KL, and in melaka, only one Teochew restaurant prepare this.

Jasmine, I want the recipe for 0-Ni, PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon's Mummy said...

@ling - ooo.. u like to play too!! We play beri small only so i won 6bucks.! :P

@Lilian - thank you! OkOK.. will post the O-Ni recipe up soon!

@chineeq - Its easy.. i will post up the recipe soon.

JK said...

Oh Jas, I love the oni so much. I remember eating it in JB but never knew how to make it.

Shannon's Mummy said...

@jo-n - yeah! I love O-ni too! :P

Bengbeng said...

I havent played mahjong for years. the oh-ni looks good...but seems a lot of work :)

Shannon's Mummy said...

@bengbeng- I posted the recipe.. check it out.. not really difficult ;p