Tuesday, July 15, 2008

IVF - HCG Triggers

This morning, we went to the fertility clinic for follow up on my IVF. Again, kenna poke 2 times during blood test. After so many poking, my left hand surrendered...the nurse couldn't draw any blood from my left hand even after several attempts of turning the needle left and right #%$#%&&*&%. Luckily, this time my right hand was co-operative or else I think they will draw the blood from my vein around my wrist.

My gynae was not around for some reasons and the other lady gynae took over. My appointment was at 930am and I waited for 1.5 hr for my turn. I did go up to the secretaries and check out when is my turn and the nurse told me the next one. However, I waited another 3 - 4 patients before my turn and those patients were not as early as me. The lady gynae must have skipped my turn to attend to her patients instead. The most frustrating part is she did not update me the growing process of the eggs. She just said: “We will trigger tonight and do Egg Retrieval on Thursday. Fine.. Really had no mood to check with her anything. After collecting some necessary documents and prescription from the secretaries, we went to MacDonald at La Teste to have our lunch.

After lunch, we proceed to the hospital to get more medicine for J. Since he will be casted till Aug 5, he will need the daily injection till then. Talking about him, he is walking on his injured leg now. Well, the doctor did say that he could start putting "some weight from this week, but he literally walks on it everyday. Nagging at him seems useless and hopefully everything will be okay for him.

At night, we realized that we forgot to ask the gynae which injection site we should do for the HCG triggers. According to the medicine instruction, we need it to inject on the buttock but I remembered that it can be done on the stomach area as well. Anyway, J did the injection on my buttock for safe sake. Damn, it was so painful... T.T I am glad that I had finished those injections but I still have to fear the long and fat needles for progesterone injection on my transfer date. T.T I wonder how I did it last time when I am trying to conceive Shannon. Maybe, I was really desperate for a baby last time....

4 friends commented ^_^:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

just hope that it's worth all the effort. jia you! :)

Shannon's Mummy said...

@ling - Yeah.. let's hope so! :)

thatmomoffour said...

hang in there gal! Hope to hear good news soon!

Shannon's Mummy said...

@ Dawn - :D okok