Saturday, April 18, 2009

Unexpected Visitors...

From 4yr 0mth


YES!!! Mr HEAD LICE and his families visited Shannon's head recently!!! *_*

Yesterday morning, I saw Shannon scratching her head non-stop and I decided to check on her hair. After 5 minutes of searching, I found something crawling in her hair and immediately I caught it and threw it into the basin. *EEeeeeKkkkk* I confirmed it was a head louse via internet and immediately called my mum for help. Well, whatever my mum needed was not available here. I remembered I saw a comb for head lice at Irene's place and immediately drove to her house and borrowed from her.

As it was lunch hour, I couldn't get any anti-lice lotion/shampoo thus I went home and started combing her hair. Gosh, I caught another 3 more head lice in 30 minutes. Thereafter, I drove the car to the pharmacy again and bought shampoo for head lice and started the "therapy" on her immediately after I reached home. While waiting for the shampoo to suffocate the head lice, I started to check on my hair with that comb and sadly I found one in my hair. !@#%&*$%@

After shampooing Shannon's hair, I combed her hair again and caught another 4 dead lice. And its my turn to do the "therapy". I was relieved that not a single head louse was found in my hair after the shampooing which means that the head louse might had "jumped" (due to the static electricity while combing hair) into my hair while I was combing her hair.

Yesterday was quite a torture for Shannon and myself as we were busy entertaining and killing the new invaders for the whole afternoon. Well, I don't know where the head lice came from. Most probably, she caught it from the school as it was quite common here. Looks like I have to brush her hair with the comb for another few more days to confirm that the head lice and nits are cleared.

4 friends commented ^_^:

Megan and Ryan said...

better fumigate the house also since its carpeted..just in case...

Chinneeq said...

make me feel so itchy by just looking at the photo *scratch..scratch*!!

Serene Loh said...

Oh my !!! itchy itchy ... Poor Shannon and mummy ... Must change the bedspreads....

De'Little Ones said...

Luckily you realized the lice early and treated her head immediately.