Saturday, August 2, 2008

Another Failed IVF

Yup.. it failed again...

We went for the blood test this morning and confirmed that it was NEGATIVE in the afternoon.
Well, I was quite prepared for the results as there wasn't any pregnancy symptoms at all. Moreover, the pregnancy test kits i used the past days all reflected negative too... I also had some spotting going on from Thursday.

Thanks for all the encouragements and support you guys have given me. I think this will be the last try on IVF. It was really a torturous TTC journey for me having going thru all those injections and Egg Retrieval and especially all the emotional stress. Maybe, we should just be contented to have one precious Shannon...

12 friends commented ^_^:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

*hugz*

do u know our S'pore Mark Lee? He just has his precious princess after waiting for 9 years, where they conceived naturally after some failed IVFs too.

so maybe ur 2nd one will come in naturally after all! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't give up on believing in miracles!

Jo said...

妈妈最伟大!

Blessed mum said...

Hi..hope u won't find me intruding into your privacy...

I had friends who went through many many rounds of IVF (so many times that they lost count) but finally succeed...don't lose hope..according to them, the trick is to be stressed free...actually, whether U are on IVF program or natural conceive, u need to be free of stress..

Don't give up!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Don't give up. I thought I would never hold my own baby in my hands when I went through infertility treatments 5 years ago and now, I have 3 angels. 1st was IUI conceived, #2 and #3 was conceived naturally. I believe that once the stress of wanting a baby is off your mind, you will be able to conceive naturally.

Shannon's Mummy said...

Hi all....

Thanks for the concerns!!! I am not sure whether I will be trying again or not.. But I definitely need a rest right now...:)

thatmomoffour said...

Don't lose hope dearie. Actually i do believe not stressing oneself about trying to conceive too cos i tried for 5 yrs without success till I stopped pressurizing myself and that was when I finally conceived. Who knows? Miracles happen everyday.... keep your chin up ya?

Megan and Ryan said...

Don't give up, miracles do happen :P

Physiomom said...

Give yourself a break Shanon..spend the most time with your Shannon. Keep trying though and yet dont try too hard, relax, put in more "affirmation"..the rest leave it to God.
Since my maid crisis, spending as much time with my 4 lovely kids are the best thing right now for me. take care..enjoy life.

JK said...

I'm with the others, don't give up and keep trying but if you feel tired, having one child is just as good.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Hope this comforts you, as it always does to me:
- 'For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah29:11

- God will never leave you. He will replace everything you lost. If He asks you to put something down, it's because He wants you to pick up something greater.'

Like you, my husband and I have been trying for another one. Our son is already 10years old and we've been trying for years . . . . .
Take care! ;o)

Bengbeng said...

rest for a while. u will b more ready for another try in a few more months. we went thru this but the results were good but it didnt go till the end. ( 9 months ) it was expensive n nerve wrecking. now we still have only benghui. I wont say there r no regrets but we accept the situation now