Friday, September 28, 2007

La Coccinelle Again




We went to La Coccinelle with 4 other families last Sunday. Initial planning comes with a picnic but was cancelled after we realised La Coccinelle only open at 1:30pm. There are more visitors compared to the previous visit, thus the farm-taker was around to "jagar" us from carrying the chicks and ducklings. Anyway, I am also worried that the chicks and duckling will be killed by one of the kids too. I have taken 300 photos on that day and finally chose and uploaded half of them in this post. The following photos are taken at the mini-farm.








2 interesting farm animals I saw.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE! Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Being "kuku" har, I have only seen this colorful "duck" in wooden form or on TV. Initially, I thought it was a fake wooden duck floating on the pond, then it moves and someone told me that this should be 鸳鸯. I googled on 鸳鸯 and realised that the above "duck" is called a Wood Duck or Carolina Duck which they shares its genus with the Mandarin Duck. The adult male on the photos has distinctive multi-colored iridescent plumage and red eyes. The female, less colorful, has a white eye-ring and a whitish throat (photos on the right).

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE! Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Another beautiful farm animal is the above Chicken/Rooster? I find the feet of the Rooster very interesting with feathers sticking out!!! Don't you find that the feathers on it's feet look like it's shoes? Well, I think I am really a "Mountain turtle"

Ohya.. Daddy also met an aggressive goat on the way to the playground!




Ok.. after being attack by feeding the goat, we proceed to the playground for more FUN!!!





2 friends commented ^_^:

Chinneeq said...

Hi Jasmine, thanks for visiting my blog. Wow....u live in France??? Next time I know who to look for if i have a chance to land there :) Anyway I have added a link to your blog. Looking forward to read more from you too :p

Shannon's Mummy said...

Hi qiqi's mummy, thanks for dropping by. :) I will in Bordeaux, France for 4 years, you can start planning your trip now! :P