Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pandan Chiffon Cake - Failed

I had tried baking Pandan Cake 5 years ago for a few times but never really succeed before. The first time was a disaster, I was teased by neighbour for making a Pandan Quay instead of Pandan Cake. *_* Last Sunday, I decided to try it out again!



Well, the Pandan Cake looked damn nice in the oven. But when I took it out to cool down, it sank badly in the middle! When Shannon saw the cake on the table, she started to sing the "Birthday Song"



After I sliced it, I realised that the lower part of the cake was still slightly damp. I should have left it to bake for another 10 more minutes.

Well, taste was good according to J. My sis told me that our aunts in Bekok ,Malaysia bake yummy Pandan Cake. They just mixed everything together, beat it and bake it! 100% of the cakes came out tall and nice?? I think I need to give them a call one day to find out how they do it! :P

4 friends commented ^_^:

Chinneeq said...

Paik Ling, it is not easy to bake a chiffon ya. my first try also tak jadi, second time using this easy recipe here http://www.demoments.net/blog/?p=207

let me know if it works!

Shannon's Mummy said...

@mummy to qiqi - okie okie.. next time try your recipe siah!!! Thanks!

JK said...

At least you dare to try. I don't even dare to start cos I am really lousy in this area (cooking and baking).

Shannon's Mummy said...

@jo-n - thanks for dropping by.. Its fun cooking and baking!