Monday, November 26, 2007

Desert - Tau Suan

Last night, I was craving for Tau Suan and decided to cook it at 6pm!

Recipe (serving 2 pax)

Shelled Mungo Beans (Tau Suan beans) -125g
Sugar - half a bowl
Pandan Leave - 3 stalk
Deep Fried "you tiao" -
Water - 800ml

Mix Tickening Glaze well with 2.5 tbsps Corn Starch with 3 tbsps Water

1. Soak mungu beans for 2 hours. Drain. Steam with one stalk of Pandan Leave
using pressure cooker* for 25 mins. Discard Pandan Leave after cooked.

*you can steam for 45 minutes if you don’t have a pressure cooker

2. Boil Sugar + 2 stalk pandan leave + 800ml Water for a while. Discard Pandan leaves after it boils.

3. Stir in thickening glaze. Add the cooked mungo beans. Stir well and serve with deep fried you tiao!

VIOLA!!! Isn't Easy!!



This is the first time I cooked Tau Suan and it was tasty!

I am not sure whether it will taste nice thus I never cooked more to distribute. :P Perhaps next time, my dear friends...

4 friends commented ^_^:

JK said...

Jas, this is my favourite tong shui but I don't know whether I can cook it myself. Thanks for the recipes. May want to try it one day.

Shannon's Mummy said...

@ jo-n - Believe me It's easy!

Chinneeq said...

craving starts so soon? hehe....this looks really yummy...amazing u still can get *ya char kuai* there!

Shannon's Mummy said...

@ chinneeq - Wahaha..they sells FROZEN "ya char kuai" here. Of cos not as nice back home but still better than nothing. :)