Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Wrong Move :-(





I made a wrong move! :-(

After Shannon knows how to use a mouse, she sort of addicted to playing online games especially at nickjr.com! She wants to play it everyday for hours. Does it sound incredulous to you for a girl who is only 2 years 7 mths?? She dropped her meals, sleep, toys, tidbits, Dora the explorer blahblahblah just to play online games! When we want her to stop her from playing, she will cry and refused to comply.

I realised that this is not what we want her to be, thus, we decided to put it a stop on Sunday. No more online games for her and also limit her tv-watching time. We spend most of time playing with her, distracting her when she wanted to watch her Dora or to play the computer. We took out the her bouncer and tent occupying almost whole of the living room for her to play. That's was the reason why I am not blogging for the past few days. :(

5 friends commented ^_^:

JK said...

I know what you mean. My son, Karl, was holding the mouse at the age of 2 1/2 too. Now, he still likes to play online games but when we ask him to stop, he will. Now, he's into digital scrapbooking.

Have a variety of activities like what you are doing now to occupy her time and all will be well.

Chinneeq said...

haha..no wonder no updates from u la...tot u went vacation in the romantic city liao...

Shannon's Mummy said...

@jo-n: haha...at least yr boy is listenning :P

@chinneeq: ya..headache siah...

1+2mom said...

same situation here, we introduce Playstation to my son (age 5) now he addicted with it. Last week we had stop him playing with it, so now on he play with hid combet toy.

But online game my kids not so addicted, when we said stop they will stop. Just dunno why the PS, my son cant leave it?

Shannon's Mummy said...

@1+2mom - At that age, they got hook on playstation easily. My friends' sons have the same problem. Thus, they restricted the playing time for them. I also don't understand why my girl got so addicted! But she is really overly addicted to the dora and diego at nickjr.com.