Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fever Again!

Xianz.....

Shannon is having fever again!

She looked okay when I send her to the Creche this morning except she was a cry baby clinging to me. She took her nap as usual at 2pm but slept for 3 long hours instead. I only hear her coughing occasionally thus I have given her some biscuit when she crying for it. I was busy packing the clothes in the evening while she was in the living room. When I am done, I went out the living room and saw her cheeks really red and I thought that it was due to the kerosene heater in the living room. I turned off the heater as the room temperature reached 27 degree.

I gave her some water and she started to be cranky, kept clinging on to me and went heeeheehorhor non-stop. J took over and she fell asleep in his arm before 11pm which I find that it was really weird. Thus, I measured her with thermometer and realised that she was having a fever @ 38.6 degree Celsius! Immediately, gave her medicine and fever went down to 37.8 in one hours time.

Sigh! What could have caused the sudden fever???? I already dressed her in layers when she goes to the Crèche. Hopefully, her fever will subside tomorrow.... :(

5 friends commented ^_^:

Nicole said...

Hi Jas,

BOTH shannon and claire are having fever!!!!

Claire had high fever last night too but today she seems ok. Still tell me she wanna take a shower, drink milk, watch her cartoon and etc. Still as demanding and are functioning as per normal.

When I asked her if she's ok, she tell me 'OK!'.

I'll have to just keep on monitoring her...

Hope that Shannon will get well soon!

JK said...

Did you check her throat? It may be that. Hope she gets well soon.

Helen said...

All the best to Shannon. Hope she'll be up and running soon. :-)

Chinneeq said...

opps....hope baby Shannon will be fine soon. Just monitor her and feed only semi-solid food so that she would recover quickly...*kisses* send from Qiqi :)

Shannon's Mummy said...

@Nicole - Luckily she is down with fever only. She seems ok but slight cranky than usual.

Speedy recovery, Claire!

@Jo-n - Thanks for your concern. I will check her throat later provided she open her mouth. LOL

@Helen - Thanks for the concern!

@Chinneeq - Got Qiqi's kiss! Thanks for the concern! :D